Chilli, ginger and pepper promote digestion, invigorate blood circulation and strengthen our immune system. And of course, they provide a little spice! This sauce goes well with low-fat stir-fries or grilled meat.
Asian-Style Plum Sauce recipe
1 kg plums
1 piece of ginger (about 60 g)
1 star anise
75 ml rice vinegar
1 dried chili pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
3 pinch cloves
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 pinches ground allspice
150 g jam sugar 3:1
salt, to taste
1. Take 3 glasses or jars (each 400 ml) together with the cover, rinse with boiling water and leave upside down to dry on a kitchen towel.
2. Wash, halve and stone the plums. Cut the flesh into small pieces.
3. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Break the star anise into 2 pieces.
4. Combine the plums and ginger with the remaining ingredients and 75 ml of water in a saucepan and mix thoroughly.
5. While stirring, over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Strain through a sieve into a saucepan over medium heat, testing the plums with a wooden spoon or the back of a tablespoon that they are soft.
7. Bring the sauce to a boil, season to taste with a pinch of salt. Pour the hot sauce into the prepared jars and seal. Let stand upside down for 5 minutes, then set upright again.
8. Stored in a cool and dark place, the sauce keeps for about 6 months.
Servings: 3 glasses (400 ml each)
Nutritional information for one glass:
Total fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Total carbs: 6 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 0 g
Weight Watchers old points: 0
Weight Watchers points plus: 1
You might also like these low-calorie sauce recipes:
This content was originally published here.