Carrot cakes are classic cakes. Make this for any special occasion, and you will have no leftovers. It is crucial to cool the cakes totally before frosting or else; the frosting will just melt away.
Carrot cakes are ideal for all festive occasions like birthdays or Diwali. After trying your hand at making them yourself, you can . All your loved ones will love this tasty and healthy surprise.
Here are two recipes for carrot cakes:
Classic Carrot Cake
- All-purpose flour- 2 cups
- Baking soda- 2 tsp.
- Salt-1/2 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon- 2 tsp.
- Sugar-2 cups
- Vegetable oil- ¾ cup
- Buttermilk- 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 2 tsp.
- Grated carrot-2 cups
- Crushed pineapple-1 can
- Flaked coconut- 1 can
- Chopped walnuts or pecans- 1 cup
- Line 9 inch cake pans with wax paper; lightly grease and flour the wax paper. Set these aside.
- Stir the first 4 ingredients together.
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed using an electric mixer, till smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at slow speed till blended.
- Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks or pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool totally. Frost as you like.
Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
This recipe takes around 2 and half hours in total. It yields one of 3 layers.
- Granulated sugar- 2 cups
- Vegetable oil- 1 and ½ cups
- Fresh eggs-4
- Pastry flour- 2 cups
- Baking soda-2 tsp.
- Salt-1 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon-2 tsp.
- Finely ground raw carrots-3 cups
- Chopped walnuts- 4 ounces
- Powdered sugar-1 and ½ pounds
- Cream cheese-12 ounces
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp.
- Margarine-2 ounces
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil and sugar.
- In another bowl, sift together cinnamon, salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet mix and blend properly.
- Fold in walnuts and carrots and mix well.
- Divide batter into three 9-inch pans which have been greased well.
- Each pan will contain 1 pound and 5 ounces of batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool the cakes in pans for 1 hour.
- To remove layers from pan, turn upside down and tap on edges.
- In a big bowl, keep cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and margarine.
- Beat at medium speed till completely blended.
- You can refrigerate this icing and use whenever required.
- Apply icing step by step, after keeping one layer of cake over the other. Finish with complete icing of the whole cake covering all sides and top. Refrigerate the cake till required.
These are some top recipes for carrot cakes. Send these cakes as gifts along with . Your loved ones are sure to enjoy this healthy and delicious treat.
Easy Recipes for Scrumptious Carrot Cakes
This content was originally published here.